Thursday, November 27, 2014

Six Guns

Some of the best downloadable games I play come from a little company Gameloft. I first got into their games when I played a Marvel game called Spider-Man: Total Mayhem. There are a bunch of other interesting games too, but today we are gonna talk about a TPS (Third Person Shooter) called Six Guns.
Looks like fun!

Six Guns starts off with a cutscene no one cares about and no one has a screenshot of it. Neither do I. Soon you have to rescue a damsel in distress by punching out her captives. Then she becomes your instructor for the first part of the game. Even if in the cutscene it says you lost your horse, you apparently have a horse you can turbo dismount of!
But later in the main quests, someone gives you a horse to complete your quests. Even though you already have one. Six Guns is a pretty unique game, it's just that it has a supposed, "aim assist." Whenever you draw your gun, it auto-aims at the closest target to the reticle. It isn't even clear as to how to get on with much of the story. All I know is what's his face cowboy is framed for killing his wife, fugitive, something else, blah blah blah. It's fun to explore at your own pace though. You can go through trench's, kill riders and steal their horses, and travel through the United States of America. There's even a town that has racing, fun side quests, shops, and a saloon where you can kill everybody in sight.
This town also has a little bandit problem, and by bandit problem I mean swarming gangsters who attack for no reason, they don't even steal anything. I fought with them a few times before getting back on the main quest. Turns they're a part of the storyline, even though they may or may not be important. I dunno. Haven't beaten the game yet.
Money and saddle slots. You need a lot of em. In order to buy more tonics, get more ammo, and complete fetch quests, you need lots and lots of money and slots. To get more slots, you need more money. To get more money, you need to complete more fetch quests. To complete more fetch quests, you need more saddle slots. IT NEVER ENDS!!!! :-(
When I first played this game, I thought it was pretty realistic. Until...
MONSTERS! They're in the game! There are ghouls, freaky floating ladies, and werewolves! Don't punch them.
They're pretty interesting and unique. Just when you think your in a regular place, BOO! AHHH! Monster's are there! I keep hearing about some sort of Defiler weapon that curse your enemies and a
Werewolf Slayer for instances like the one above. I can't afford them though.
Another fun thing to do is take a chance at the lottery. You can play for free once a day and the rest of the chances cost stars. A list of prizes are shone, they flip around, change position in a way you can't keep up with, and then ya shoot a panel.
Shooting people, exploring, and riding horses is really fun. It does get boring after awhile though.
Still, what you can do and going at your own pace has always been fun to me. If anything I recommend this game to people who want an interesting TPS for their HP computer. The storyline however, is hard to understand, especially since players would want to go at their own pace.
I give this game 3 & 1/2 stars out of 5.
It's fun, but I think I'll play my other game Reaper for awhile.
Huh, Reaper. It's pretty fun. I should make a post about it sometime. Hint hint.
 

1 comment: